Thursday, May 18, 2006

Internships and ravings

I started my internship with Conyers police department 2 weeks ago and I have had a blast so. The people there are great and next week I get to go on patrol with officers. I have spent the last 2 weeks in the communications department listening to some hilarious 911 calls. After I spend time with the patrols, I will spend 2 weeks with the K-9 unit, two weeks with the detectives, and the last 2 weeks with the officer that works at the high school. After that, hopefully I will have a job lined up with either that police department or another local city or county agency.

Grainger has been good to work with but with all the management changes, some people who will remain nameless have been completely anal about how this branch runs after not giving a crap or even coming by to visit for the last 6 months. Why is management like that? There is only one other person who works with me and sales are increasing, transactions numbers and amounts are going up steadily, and the two of us have been running this branch alone for the last 2 years. By the way, we are doing a damn good job of it too.

So after this 6 month hiatus of caring, visiting, or any other kind of micromanagement, these individuals decide to stop by 1 week before the new branch manager fills the spot and proceed to rain down criticisms on the cleanliness of our linoleum floor. Not about our superior performance of accomplishing everything a large branch does with 60+ employees between the 2 of us and increasing numbers, but the fact that the guy we have come out every two months to buff and clean the floor needs to come out more often. If there was a more politicking, brown-nosed employee working here, I am in the dark about him or her.

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 05:41:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

So what's standard issue sidearm down there? Any caliber restrictions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home