Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sometimes pregnant women are scary


Post Secret rocks. Gordon has put it up before but I was reading this one and it really struck a chord. Maybe not like the sentimental post cards that confess molestation, suicide, and infidility, but more along the lines of events that happen close to home.

I often see the gaze my wife casts over food. Lately, being 5 months pregnant, I tried to imagine the food before her as a crippled gazelle starring at the cold, heartless eyes of a lion moments before a powerful maw clamps down on its jugular.

I often see the gaze my wife casts over food. Lately, being 5 months pregnant, I tried to imagine the food before her as a crippled gazelle starring at the cold, heartless eyes of a lion moments before a powerful maw clamps down on its jugular.

However, this poor fool described it better than I ever could. I am assuming that this person is real and this could be a real problem. Maybe that is why I found it so hilarious. Because I can see my wife, protruding belly and all, emptying a clip into some toque wearing pastry chef to gorge on cheesecake.

5 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 05:03:00 PM, Blogger dianne said...

oooo barefeet and snacktime! looks like fun. i think i am going to finish school, establish my career, and then visit a sperm bank. husbands are so 20th century.

 
At 4/20/2006 07:52:00 AM, Blogger Gordon said...

And you could even outsource the pregnancy to India.

 
At 4/20/2006 09:12:00 AM, Blogger dianne said...

sweet!

 
At 4/20/2006 09:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God, KEnneth... You're one romantic guy.

 
At 4/21/2006 03:24:00 PM, Blogger Ken said...

What can I say. Have you heard of that movie called the notebook? It was based on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home