Saturday, June 03, 2006

Progress



So here is what I started out with. A blank canvas of sorts. Healthy dark soil that I had to bring in with three truck loads. Otherwise I would be stuck with red clay that is completely worthless.








In less than a month, my squash is already out of control. And not the crooked neck squash in my pants. I have already started to give some to the guy I work with because I do not feel like eating squash three times a day for the next four months.








Here is my beautiful sweet peas. I never cook them. They are delicious to open and eat right off the vine. This one is actually one of the smaller ones. They normally get to be about 4-6 inches long.









My blueberries are about ready to be picked as well. Just a little more sun and some water and we should be ready to go.







I am going to be making more blackberry shakes than ever before. This one plant is going to be loaded down with them. It will at least give Kerri something healthy to eat other than Krispy Kreme doughnuts.





I guess I would be remiss if I did not mention my progressing wife. She is about 6 and a half months along. The due date is September 1st and it is going to be a boy. We have decided on Scooville Swift so nobody better plan on taking that name.

3 Comments:

At 6/05/2006 11:00:00 AM, Blogger dianne said...

ohhhhh, blackberyy shakes. man, that sounds good. too bad i am on a raw diet kick. hahaha, my diets change every week. but this time, it is essentially raw with two days of the week i make an exceptiona and eat some fish. so far, it is working great!

and kerri's dress is cute!

 
At 6/05/2006 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

I think I need to get Dianne this shirt.

 
At 6/10/2006 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Looks nice. I'm going to have to take some pictures of my garden and show you what good old Alabama can grow. It's not that impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home