Monday, January 02, 2006

Layout

I'm experimenting with the layout in the interests of readability. I aligned the link bar to the left rather than the right, and expanded the width of main column to take advantage of the unused margin space. The total width of the page is now 900 pixels. I figured everyone's resolution was at least 1000 pixels wide or higher, but if your desktop resolution is set to a lower one like 800x600, the column isn't going to fit on the page.

So is this easier to read? Harder to read? Is it too wide for anyone?

UPDATE: I messed with the colors as well. Between work, home, etc., I spend a lot of time on computers, and that yellow background was burning my retina. The blues are easier on my eyes. Is this the case with you guys as well, or is it hard to see?

5 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Awesome Advisor said...

the format looks great and i have a wide screen, so it shows up good.

love the little motocrosser below. he's gonna be a hell-of-a-rider, braving the cold like that.

my kind of kid!

 
At 1/02/2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Ken said...

with my bookmarks section open it makes it a little wide to read but for the most part is fine.

 
At 1/02/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

You leave your bookmarks open in that bar to the left? who does that?

 
At 1/02/2006 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Ken said...

I do. I have a ton o webistes that I visit almost daily for work, school, online classes, bank, etc. Who is the harleyGR dude? somebody random or a friend of yours?

 
At 1/03/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Random dude who ran across the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home